3D First Person Precision Shooter
Overcome cutting edge robots using your experimental pinpoint accurate railgun to escape from a research facility!
Player Movement & Features
- Accelerating and deaccelerating velocity
- Moving PhysX character controller
- Added the following movement features
- Implemented zooming/scoping by changing the FoV.
- Simulating PhysX at a fixed timestep of 60 fps.
- Multiple simulations per frame if the game runs slower than 60 fps.
- Added the following features:
- Character Controllers
- Raycast and Sweep scene queries
- Collision and trigger callbacks
- Box and Sphere Colliders
- Used the PhysX cooking library to cook Mesh Colliders from FBX data.
- Collision layers/filtering to optimize collision checks and perform scene queries in only specific layers.
- AddForceAtPosition function for shooting around dynamic objects in the world
- Wrapped all this in a layer that the game code communicates with to ensure modularity.
Dynamic Mesh Colliders Falling When Shot
Dynamic Box Colliders Pushed Away When Shot
Blinking Shader for Important Objects
Shoot All Keypads to Open the Connected Door
Destroy an Enemy's Shield Generators to Weaken It
Lighting up Emissive on Weapon When Shooting
UI Loading and HUD functionality
- Wrote a general UI Loader that I use for both loading menus and in-game HUD.
- Wrote functionality for dynamic HUD.
- Showing and blinking the reload prompt when out of ammo.
- Updating the health bar shader with values from the player.
- Changing health bar color to red when the player is low on health.
Below is a list of links to the students with whom I developed all the projects in the second grade with. They are amazing to work with and I recommend them all!